Photo courtesy of Sabrina's Mom & Dad
Iditarod Dreams
for Sabrina
Gentle whispers
she hears
the call of the wild
as distant echoes
A snowflake quilt
warms her
and weaves quiet
daydreams
Paws rooted
within Mother earth
snowbound
her playground
Yellowstone geysers
to Malibu white sands
she travels
gently through life
Wisdom
her navigator
peace
her soul
Eyes
inspired
A Knowing
18 comments:
I really like this - Sabrina's eyes do answer to that visionary 'knowing'. Nice!
Poetry so appropriate with that adorable face!
that face expresses a lot of emotions and tells a memorable story, and so does the poem
Such a beautiful dog and your poem is lovely
I like this. As I read it, I imagined it all through the dog's eyes.
Wisdom pouring out of Sabrina's face and soul..beautiful poem for such a knowing Gal..:))
Another awesome poem about my favorite dog!!
Sabrina is listening to your poem.
How very pretty, Jo! Sabrina is also beautiful.
Absolutely inspiring. The colors and the markings are so beautiful :)
That visionary knowing is in her eyes. Nice poem.
wow Joanne...what a won'drous poem for a dog!!!! You have made her sound like a wolf who sometimes turns into a Cherokee princess, daughter of the chief! Alas! That is her true identity, isn't it!??
You fool us all Joanne...you write poetry and take innocent pictures, but the truth is...you cohort with dwarfs and prance around with wolf-princesses!!!!!!!
-C
Eyes inspired.... hmm, how true. ~bangchik
Very beautiful ...
Beautiful picture of Sabrina, and your poem is beautiful.
Thank you all for visiting and sharing your kind words and comments - very much appreciated.
Sabrina owes you a kiss for this poem, which you can collect on the 29th. You have immortalized her with words that speak for her, and for this we are touched. Thank you, Jo.--G & T
You are welcome and I can't wait for the 29th :)
Post a Comment