Photo by Joanne Olivieri - Verse by Liz Paez
The last time I saw you-
dad, was that really you?
Defeated by the anger of your own childhood
Conquered by the only pain you knew.
The last time I saw you-
Dad, it was hard to watch.
Unidentifiable actions, and unrecognized thoughts
The last time I saw you-
Dad, that was all I could hear
force felt through the walls, sounds of sirens near
The last time I saw you-
Dad, how can this be?
The last time I saw you
You weren't loving me
11 comments:
But hopefully this was not the last time to see him...
What a sad poem.
Hi Jo
I love the colors blue and purple playing in the picture. What was the black liquid falling off?
xoxo
MrsM
what a powerful combo of words and image.
Interesting photo. I'm wondering why you put it with that verse...?
That is a great picture. You do such wonderful images.
Sad and touching. Short but right to the point.
rainfield, thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully she will see him again.
Ann, it really is and when I read her work it always touches me.
Michelle, it's actually water which gives the effect of tears.
Kass, I wanted to publish her poetry with something dark that displayed tears so I created that photo specifically for Liz's poem.
Shark, thank you so much :)
Self, Yes, very and thank you so much
I understand the pain of the words of seeing such a tortured sould.
Ferret
Love the photo's color and texture. Powerful poem. Sadly, parent-child relationships sometimes end like that-an incompleteness, a discordant note.
wow.. this is a gorgeous shot.
Post a Comment