The Progression of a Photo


Regular Shot



Macro Shot



Super Macro Shot

Comments

Unknown said…
what a beautiful way to see all the details of the same flower.
Duni said…
Wow - love it! I like the macro shot best!
This is just stunning, Jo, and looks so exotic!
MedaM said…
What an interesting and beautiful flower! I like its shape and color and your photos are wonderful!
Joanne Olivieri said…
Dave, thanks for stopping by.

Duni, I do too :)

Icy, Thank you, I don't even know it's name.

MedaM, Thank you so much
lina said…
I like the macro shot best. :)
Secondary Roads said…
Stunning. Simply stunning.
Kass said…
How fun to see totality and detail.
betchai said…
Jo, haha, I was thinking to do the same with my ladybug picture, these are awesome shots
Ann said…
Love the way you did that. Such a unique flower too, it's beautifl
RNSANE said…
I really like to see the progression of a photo. Often, if you only get the super macro, you aren't even sure of what the picture is. When I was doing forensic photography, we were also taught to "bracket" - that is, we'd take a more distant shot that would identify the body part we were taking, then we would zoom in for a great shot of an injury or for evendentiary purposes, then we'd do a macro of the wound. Had we ony done the wound, the jury would have no idea of where the wound was located, etc, etc. These pictures are beautiful and we are
able to see the flower as a whole before zooming in closely to see its unique composition. Beautiful pictures.
Tes said…
Amazing macro, Jo! Like Betchai, I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I haven't been here for awhile. I love the red, it's really stunning! :)
Self Sagacity said…
the super macro is so awesome!you can see every details.
Joanne Olivieri said…
lina, thank you.

Chuck, thanks so much.

Kass,I just wanted to show a one time progression. Thanks,

betchai, that would be so cute.

Thank you, Ann :)

Carmen, While I appreciate that for forsensic work there needs to be progression, for my artistic work as I see something, I only photograph for it's artistic value. This is not something I'll be doing on a regular basis. I show my photos as I experience their beauty and art. Macro is my forte' and preference so that is what you'll be seeing.

Thanks so much, Tes.

Self, That's what I like so much about the macro shot.
ruthi said…
Wow... the super macro shots really made a big difference. what a great perspective.
Cruiselife & Co said…
Splendid Macro Shot Jo. You know I never asked you, what kind of camera you use for your pictures.
Rick (Ratty) said…
These are wonderful. This is exactly the way I try to capture closeups of a flower. I try to give the full picture, and then I go in for a couple of closer looks. I think your closeups come out better than any I try. I love these.
AVCr8teur said…
Such an unusual flower. What is it called? It looks like it has tentacles of all lengths and colors.
I like the macro shot Jo! It captures all the right colors.
xoxo
MrsM

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme