Sea Lions at Pier 39 in San Francisco



Our beloved sea lions have been wandering back to K-dock at Pier 39 over the past few months. They mysteriously disappeared for a while, rumored to have "vacationed" up in Oregon and are now coming back home where they belong. There are about a third of them who migrated back in order to entertain the tourists and locals alike. I hadn't been to the Pier in a while but found myself in that area last week so I thought I'd check out our friends on K-dock. They are still barking away and drawing the tourists like ants to honey. For more information on them visit: http://www.pier39.com/Attractions/index.htm

Once on that page you can scroll down to the Seal Lions link on the sidebar to learn more.





Comments

eileeninmd said…
I'm glad they are retunring, they were a real treat to see from the piers. Great photos.
Dani said…
It must be a pleasure watching these lovely creatures. Never seen a sea lion myself.

They look a bit tired. Oh they just take their time relaxing ?!

Thank you.
rainfield61 said…
Wow, what a view on these sea lions.
Bossy Betty said…
Hurrah! They are back! I had heard they had left and am happy to hear they have returned. I visit them whenever I get up that way.
Amazing! I would love to see them:)
Annie Jeffries said…
Nice to see that Pier 39 is happily occupied and back to its old self again.
Annie Jeffries said…
Nice to see that Pier 39 is happily occupied and back to its old self again.
betchai said…
oh, good to hear about that Jo, somehow, when I think of Pier 39, the sea lions come to mind first.
Ann said…
I can see how they could attract a crowd. That would be amazing to see. Glad they returned to where they belong :)
SquirrelQueen said…
Maybe they were visiting their cousins at Sea Lions' Cave on the central OR coast. Great shots of these beautiful creatures.
ruthi said…
wow... that is one heck of a population of sea lions. i have never seen anything like that before. the only sea lions i saw were those in the theme parks. great shots.
Anonymous said…
Jo, I've never seen sea lions other than on animal planet and your photos brought me right there with a front row seat. Loved it!
Smiles,
Chey
It is so interesting that they hang out on that one pier. Love the photos!
Joanne Olivieri said…
Thanks to all for your comments. We are so happy they are back home again :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme