| Sony Holland | ![]() | Smith Dobson Tribute Stage Sunday 6pm |
Courtesy of The San Jose Jazz Festival
Sony Holland sings in a style that is both sophisticated and emotionally direct. Her interpretations of the Great American Songbook show a deep respect and love for the material while adding an unmistakable spark of personality. Originally from northern Minnesota, Sony fell in love with jazz while spending a year in Paris and has earned a devoted following with her renditions of standards, contemporary and original songs. She has made California her home since 2003, although she now performs internationally, including extensive concert tours and residencies in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Bangkok. Her "Out Of This World" CD is an intimate set of 13 songs which she brings together with impeccable musicianship and true feeling. At the San Jose Jazz Festival she will be joined by a terrific group of Bay Area musicians including: Benny Watson, piano: Jeff Buenz, guitar: Seward McCain, bass: David Rokeach, drums.

4 comments:
This will be such a fantastic musical show, and I wish I could be there!
like Icy, hope i can be there as well Jo.
AT LAST, our diva returns!!!
I wish you could all be there. I can't wait especially since I haven't seen Sony perform live since she left the Bay Area. It will be special.
Carmen, Yes! At Last says it all.
Post a Comment