Photo courtesy of Gary & Trish
First let me introduce you to my buddy Sabrina. She is a Siberian husky and belongs to my dear friends Gary and Trish. Each time I see Sabrina whether in person or photos, she always inspires me. She just has the most wondrous look in her eyes that makes me want to write and write. I wrote the following poem after receiving the above photo as a gift from Gary and Trish. Enjoy!
Snow Goddess
for Sabrina
Her eyes reflect
the Sun's kiss
as she walks
upon water.
Her wisdom traced
on paw print sands
as she softly treads
along the shore.
She dreams
of snow laden earth
while paws frolic
upon icy sea foam.
Sabrina, goddess of snow
melts hearts
on Winter's playground.
with love...
15 comments:
Margie: I love that! You should see my baby. Her name is Arabelle and she'll be 3 on Christmas Eve.
Margie, Oh, how cute :) I would love to see a photo.
the poem already reflects that its straight from the heart...lovely..!!
Beautiful work. I really enjoyed it!
What a great poem, Jo! I'm so glad Sabrina inspired such beautiful verses.
Sabrina is beautiful. She reminds me of the dogs a lady who lives near me has. She has 2 of them that she walks by my house all the time. I've heard that she actually trains them for the iditarod. I also love your poem.
Beautiful words about a beautiful creature, Joanne. She really is gorgeous...and so peaceful.
Sabrina is a real good friend who have inspired you, and me become a fan.
Lovely. Both Sabrina and your verse. It really does look like she is walking on water.
Sabrina is beautiful. What a nice poem to go with her photo.
Sabrina is lovely and your poem is beautiful, thank you for sharing! Happy Holidays!
Thank you all for your kind words. And, thanks for visiting it is very much appreciated.
Ah she is beautiful! Here in Cyprus the Cypriots love Huskies, but it is too hot for them.
GLynis, it is a bit too warm for her here as well so they do frequent Lake Tahoe and Yosemite. She loves it there.
I like this kind of dog. We used to have one when I was a kid. We didn't have him long. I just remembered his long fur.
Post a Comment