Pot Club In My Neighborhood - Approved


This photo taken by me outside the building. What's funny about this is that they are thanking us, the sunset district neighborhood yet the entire neighborhood was opposed to them.


Photo courtesy of CBS5 News

The pot club, or as they liked to be referred to as the medical marijuana dispensary down the street from my place has just been approved. They had heavy opposition from my district however the objections did not warrant banning their business. I have to say that I am still on the fence with this one. While I don't mind legalizing marijuana, I am worried that there will be an increase in crime in this neighborhood as a result. I guess we will just have to see what happens.
Click here for the full story.

Comments

Rick (Ratty) said…
This is how they got gambling legalized in Detroit, where I live. They kept looking for odd loopholes to get it in. And then the state finally just gave in to them. I don't agree with either one, but I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else.
Ann said…
Hopefully it doesn't turn out badly.
Hopefully the cure offered will out weigh any problems.
AVCr8teur said…
I think most neighborhoods would oppose their presence. I guess now you'll just have to wait it out and see what happens once they open. I don't know if there are any crime statistics from other neighborhoods with a pot club.
Now that it's on, you will have no other choice but to support it! I know it's tough but you will just have to hope for the best.
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme