Sunday, August 2, 2009

Redwood Trails at The Botanical Gardens



I have been to the Botanical Gardens three times this past week including a plant fair and show yesterday. I can never get enough. While there a few days ago I decided to absorb the redwood trails. I was so invigorated, refreshed and inspired by the trails that I did not want to leave. I was there during the week when it is virtually quiet. Being there late in the afternoon, thoughts ran through my mind like a waterfall. I began thinking "what if I just hide somewhere, which would be very easy to do and spend the night under these redwoods." I just wanted to experience waking up in the morning under these gorgeous trees. If the weather hadn't been foggy, overcast and misty I would have done just that.

These photos were taken on three different visits this past week. I find new and interesting paths and surroundings each time I visit. More from the gardens in the next few days so check back often.






5 comments:

betchai said...

i love the redwoods too Jo, they are just amazing to look at, love your pictures, the 2nd one, so green, looks so calm and relaxing.

Charity Joy Bell Childs said...

Yes, I have noticed you have been back to the gardens over and over again, recently.

I always found-growing up-that being out in gardens, near tress and plants and flowers and waters, is where peace is found. Thoughts are full but then still.

Ratty said...

I have very similar thoughts of hiding in my parks too. I always end up leaving anyway, but I return ever time with those similar thoughts. At least I'm not the only one. :)

Bemused26 said...

Those pics are awesome! I especially like the first one. I love photographing trees :)

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Betchai, it is so calming and serene.

Charity, I am there all the time

Ratty, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one as well :)

Bemused, I do too it's so much fun.