Folklorico Danza Azteca Guadalupana
The Travesia Fiesta celebrating the journey of the gray whale at the San Francisco zoo. Fantastic performances and everyone had a great time.
Mariachi Mexicanisimo
Mariachi Mexicanisimo
The Journey of the Gray Whale
All photos and video taken at the San Francisco Zoo.
© Joanne Olivieri 2013 All Rights Reserved
I am participating in Our World Tuesday
Monday Mellow Yellows
Ruby Tuesday Too
And Outdoor Wednesday
Monday Mellow Yellows
Ruby Tuesday Too
And Outdoor Wednesday








18 comments:
Such gorgeous bright costumes. Ideal for swirling in a dance. And the whale has quite a mouth.
The show is so colourful.
I love those colourful dresses! I danced bellydance for years and I loved the colourful long skirts and the scarves.
Beautiful colours!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
How beautiful and fun! Happy week ahead.
What a fun, colorful post for the day!! I love the dancers! Thanks for sharing the fun!! Have a great week!
beautiful costumes.
Wonderful dancers and the dresses are beautiful, what a nice celebration. Thanks for sharing your day, have a happy week!
What fun. Is this an annual event they do at the zoo?
What lovely costumes.
This is a wonderful post, Jo. The dancers and the mariachi remind me of all my visits to Puerto Vallarta...though, once, at the Athens Hilton, I walked in to see mariachis performing in the lobby. They were promoting tourism to Mexico. I would go to hear them every night and drink the mezcal offered. The Greeks didn't want that, for some reason. I think it tasted as good as retsina.
Beautiful photos! Just looking at thoses dresses make me happy.
Blessings
Campbelljane
We grew up near SF but only went to the zoo once. :( My parents were into picnics more than attractions! I love those costumes and I bet the dancing was wonderful!! Happy Ruby Tuesday 2!
Beautiful coloured costumes!
Folk music and dance is a theme I'm seeing on blogs tonight. Over at My Quality Day I've been reading about the Michigan Irish Folk Music Festival. I'm now thinking of writing a nostalgia piece about a festival I went to years ago. As always, I love your photos and your subjects are wonderfully colourful.
Lovely shots, especially the lady in white dress, swinging her skirt is classic!
Very colorful, I haven't been to that zoo in ages, thanks for sharing
Wonderfull costumes and colors.
Post a Comment