Thursday Two Questions Meme - Cooking and Recipes

I inherited many of my Mom's recipes when she passed away and decided to publish a cookbook with some of my favorites. When she was alive we always had family gatherings and cooked all of the meals together. I have so many happy memories of those times.

In celebration of my new store over at Bonanza, Jo's Collectibles Mercantile I decided to offer a freebie to customers and thought why not offer the same to my blogger friends. For any of you who would like a free recipe from the book and my Mom's archives, just email me at joanneolivieri@sbcglobal.net with your choice of either Greek or Italian and I will email a recipe back to you. You can also specify if you would like a food or dessert recipe.

My two questions this week are:

1. Do you normally cook or go out to eat?

2. Do you use recipes or cook from memory?


Thursday Two Questions
Click the above widget for more Thursday Two Questions meme fun.

Comments

betchai said…
we normally eat at home since I love to cook :) but on Friday night, I take a day off from the kitchen, that's the time we dine out.

I cook from memory and by taste, somehow, though i have lots of cook books as well, but I am not very detailed in following instructions. If there is something i like when i taste them, i kind of guess the ingredients and replicate it at home by taste.
SquirrelQueen said…
The cookbook is a great idea. I had a close friend who left me all her cookbooks and handwritten recipes in her will.

We mostly eat at home, it is so much healthier than most restaurants.

I cook mostly by memory for most all dishes except desserts. I cannot bake without a recipe.
Icy BC said…
1) We cook at home most of the time to stay on budget, and eat out once in a while.

2) I cook from memory, and some time from creativity. My son likes to look up recipes when he wants to cook.
Self Sagacity said…
Hi Jo, I would love to get a recipe from the greek menu, an entre would be nice.
We used to go out and eat a lot when I first met SO, then it dropped less by the years, and now mostly on the weekends.
There are certain dishes that I have to look at the recipe, even if I was the one who invented it. I can't remember everything and it saved my brain from trying to think too hard.
Thanks for linking up and playing a long this week.
Ann said…
we usually eat at home and my husband does most of the cooking because he's a very fussy eater. I occasionally cook and it's always from memory.
fibrowitch said…
I have a very small kitchen so most of my meals are one pan affairs. I have fun tossing different things in the pan as I cook. My favorite spice to change is salt, I will use sea salt or red salt, or pink salt, or even black salt because they change the recipe more than table salts can.

To quote my Mom, it's not a recipe, it's a guideline.
Colette S said…
I usually cook instead of going out to eat. We eat out maybe once every 3 months and sometimes it varies.

I sometimes cook from scratch and sometimes from recipes.
Aloha

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme