Monday, December 12, 2011

Ruby Tuesday Turkey Vulture

Taken at the San Francisco zoo

Click Photo To Enlarge

While this turkey vulture looks menacing, they do not attack any living species. However, I must admit that being only about 20 feet away from this creature while he was giving me the evil eye, made me very uneasy. He was fine until I began snapping his photo. That look he gave me along with his spreading those wings told me to get out of there :)



Visit Ruby Tuesday for more great photography.

9 comments:

J Bar said...

Great capture.

rainfield61 said...

It welcomes you with open arms.

Ratty said...

That is a great photo of the turkey vulture even if he is a bit scary. I'd love to get that close to one of them. I did once have two of them circling above me.

DrillerAA09 said...

I see these birds a lot in our area. They are ugly, but it is a good subject for a Ruby Tuesday post. Well done.

betchai said...

Very good capture Jo, such expression, I am with Rainfield, he welcomes you with open arms.

lina@women's perspectives said...

A great pose :)

Emille said...

You show the more beautiful side of the vulture! Have a great week, Jesh from FB

Icy BC said...

He looks very mean indeed, and I would be scare too!

Self Sagacity said...

No kiddin huh? wow, that wing looks as if he is pulling out his weapon to whack you one- glad you got away.