VERY EARLY ON EARTH DAY
My dog calls me out of sleep.
Overnight the wind has rearranged
everything. I blow into cold hands
and raise them against the sun’s
first rays, just nowV
exploding gold shrapnel
over the east ridge.
And everything is moving: sun-shatter
through new green leaves,
and wind plucking overnight spider-
webs till they hum gold filament
against the dark trunks of oaks,
everything flowing glowing
gold-green, a morning
no mortal could describe.
And so my dog stands
simply wagging.
Wasn’t he good
to bring me here?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photos taken by me at Aquatic Park & The SF Botanical Gardens
14 comments:
It was to bring me there too. I love the "wind plucking overnight spider-
webs till they hum gold filament
against the dark trunks of oaks".
I can use this in my future post. Thank you.
Magical poem. Dogs are magical too. Thanks for you Birthday greeting.
Beautiful photos, lovely poem and thank God for dogs :)
Great poem- nice verbal images.
I like the fun natury poem. And that second picture has a good jungle look that I always like.
That is lovely. The photos and the poem both. Thank you for sharing.
Gold green, a morning.... a nice way to describe things. Then I remember magpie chirping happily early in the morning.... how would he describe morning.. ~bangchik
Such awesome photographs :)
I love the first picture! You really are an awesome photographer Jo!
xoxo
An amazing poem... I was totally entranced. And the photos fit so well...
so peaceful and beautiful photos, so beautiful and moving poem.
You have just left me a hundred knots away from catching up with you with this poem. I should be doing my homework. Nice Job.
Thanks to all for your wonderful comments
Great poem and fantastic pictures! The first picture relaxes me, thank you!
Post a Comment