Stow lake is located in Golden Gate Park and is the largest and most popular lake in the area. It was created in 1893 and houses a boat rental facility and surrounds Strawberry Hill which was named for the wild strawberries that once flourished there. It truly is a nature lover's paradise.
The foliage and lake are not only scenic but provide a haven for wildlife.
This Chinese pagoda was presented to San Francisco by its sister city Taipei in 1976 and resides on the shores of Stow Lake.
I am participating in Scenic Weekends



7 comments:
It's beautiful! I love the pagoda in the last photo.
Great images, I love the pagoda. Tom The Backroads Traveller
What a beautiful place!
What a beautiful place and wonderful photography too!
Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol
http://www.acreativeharbor.com
Lovely photos,especially the first....
Happy weekend!
The beauty of this area is wonderful. The little pagoda adds a touch of magical fantasy.
Sounds like a wonderful place to spend some time. Lovely photos.
Post a Comment