Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thursday Two Questions Meme - Photo Editing

ORIGINAL PHOTO


In Black and White


In Blue


I took this photo at Metson Lake and decided to play around with it using my photo software program which was already on the computer when I bought my laptop.  I am one who does not like tweaked photos as I always like the true essence of an original photo.  The only thing I do tweak is the focus because I use my zoom lens much of the time.

However, I decided to play around with the original on this shot and change the colors.  While I do like the black and white shot, I still enjoy the original much more.

So many people use photoshop and tweak their photos to a point where they look fake and for me REAL is what's important in photography.

My 2 ?'s this week are:

1.  Do you use any type of photo editing software?

2. Do you prefer tweaked or the original photo?


Thursday Two Questions Self Sagacity.com border=
Click the above widget for more Thursday Two Questions Meme fun

6 comments:

Judy SheldonWalker said...

Your first one looks more realistic. Unless we are trying to get an art piece; I like natural the best. I use photoscape mostly for embedding my name, collages and cropping. I am not that astute at editing but have wanted a few times to remove the background but never knew how. I hate clutter in my background.

SquirrelQueen said...

Like you I prefer the original but the B/W version is very dramatic. I only use the program that came with my camera to tweak photos ever so slightly sometimes. I also have a scrapbook program for collages and such.

Self Sagacity said...

Those photos are very interesting in different tones.
1) yes I use photoscape and photoshop.
2) My photos are 99% the real thing. I have not tried to edit them anymore. It takes too much time.

Icy BC said...

I prefer original essence of the photo too, and don't mind to see a little tweaking as long as I can still see the picture.

Many bloggers joined the texture tuesday meme, and the photos came out quite like art piece.

Your black and white photo is gorgeous..

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ said...

1) No, I don't use any photo editing software, except to watermark my photos!

2) I always will love original photos. I like to see things clear in colors!

Colette S said...

You have such a talent with photo taking. I always enjoy yours.

1. No I don't edit, well except to add a watermark sometimes when I remember.

2. I prefer original. Seems everything is just fake these days.

Aloha :)