During my walks to and from the cliff house which I have just now begun doing again, I walk along the Great Highway path next to the beach which is surrounded by grasses, leaves, flowers and weeds. The flowers and weeds are all so small to the naked eye that you can barely see them. However with my new camera and that delicious macro setting, the smaller the better :) These photos are of all those flowers and weeds that most people do not even see. I was blown away by their beauty. Enjoy!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Flowers Along The Great Highway - San Francisco
During my walks to and from the cliff house which I have just now begun doing again, I walk along the Great Highway path next to the beach which is surrounded by grasses, leaves, flowers and weeds. The flowers and weeds are all so small to the naked eye that you can barely see them. However with my new camera and that delicious macro setting, the smaller the better :) These photos are of all those flowers and weeds that most people do not even see. I was blown away by their beauty. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
They are so beautiful!
As a detail-oriented person I'm usually the one that DOES see the beauty in the little things :)
I just bought a new camera. Hope it has a macro setting. These shots are amazing.
Macro has magnified our joys.
They are too beautiful for a roadside flowers! Glad you walked that path Jo! :)
Duni, thanks I thought so too.
Kass, Cool what did you get?
rainfield, So well said, you are prolific.
Vanilla, I know huh... I love that path and thank you so much.
Great pics, thanks for visiting my blog. It's good to be back.
with vistas dotted with these, i really wouldn't mind taking walks- sedentary person that i am =]
they are gorgeous. Macro is a wonderful thing. It's amazing to me the detail you can see in a macro shot that you don't notice when you look at something
Wow! You really have some good pictures today. I can see your new camera is working out very well. This inspires me to start trying to figure out the macro setting on my new camera. Mine seems to be a little difficult.
Lovely... need I say more?
These are absolutely gorgeous flowers, and the colors are just fabulous..I can stare at them all day..
John, so glad you are back and thank you.
Ian, LOL! It makes the walk much more enjoyable.
Ann, so true it is fantastic.
Raty, With your eyes, a macro setting would be magnificent. I can imagine now what you would be able to capture.
ruth, aw, thank you.
They are so beautiful Jo. I remember falling in love with CA from seeing beautiful flowers growing on rocks, it's amazing!
BTW- I love your new fresh header. It stands out beautifully.
So very beautiful!
Oh Jo, these flowers are just spectacular! Isn't it amazing what the camera sees? I love macro!
Nature is incredible. We just have to open our eyes to see all the loveliness around us.
Catching up. Thanks for the beautiful bouquet :) Gorgeous pics.
I can see I'm going to have to get out and buy a lottery ticket. As you could see today, all that banging and dropping of my camera has made it less than desirable. I need something to take these wonderful macro shots...especially before I go to India.
You've captured some beautiful flowers that many of us miss because we usually just drive by the Great Highway instead of walking it.
Self, thank you, there just seem to be flowers everywhere.
Diane, thanks so much.
Thank you Icy, yes, the camera sees so much it's amazing.
jakill, very well said, thanks.
Glynis, You are welcome and thank you.
Carmen, yes you really do. Try HSN, they have some good deals.
Karen, Yeah, so true. I love walking that path.
Wow, amazing macros! It must be delightful to walk on the path by the beach looking at flowers.
Post a Comment