My Soulmate With Wings ebook



Kindle ebook available on Amazon. My Soulmate With Wings ebook







 My Soulmate With Wings

For my Sammers

By Joanne Olivieri


Copyright 

© 2022 Joanne Olivieri

All Rights Reserved

Photos by Author.


 For my baby boy beeper

Sammers

12/18/1999

To 

3/6/2022





Sammers on my shoulders


For my Sammers. As a child my family and I would visit the lake every Sunday and feed the ducks. It was my favorite activity while growing up. My Mom was a bird lover and I inherited that love for birds from her. We always had canaries as pets and the occasional bunny and hamster. When I moved from my childhood home and was working in retail full time with crazy hours, although I wanted a bird, I never felt I had enough time to devote to a pet. A few years ago my health took a turn for the worst and I became disabled and homebound. I decided to take an early retirement and look for a feathered companion of my own. I spent three days scouring Craigslist and and found my precious boy. I callled the owner, worked out the details and two days later he came to live with me. At a time when I felt my life was falling apart, he brought me comfort, hope, happiness, joy and unconditional love. I was blessed each day with a little slice of heaven right here on earth that I call my Sammers. I love you my baby boy beeper






A poem for my Sammers

By Joanne Olivieri


What do you see?

My little guy

When seeing the sunrise

Outside the window

Hearing birds calling

And butterflies flitting

Amongst the flowers.


What do you see?

My little guy

When dreaming at twilight

Through dull shadows

Seeing green forests

And gallant trees

Amongst natures path.


What do you feel?

My little guy

When playtime begins

From dawn till dusk

Hearing beautiful melodies

And jazzy beats

Dancing and singing.


I hope you feel

The love I hold

In my heart

For you.






Without Words

my huckleberry friend


Your eyes speak

poetic eloquence

without words.


Your chirps embrace

tender heartstrings

without words


Your soul envelops

unconditional love

without words


Without words, your soft

feathers encompass my

heart and soul.

I love you, my Sammers




My Pen Buried In Tears


I can no longer write, my pen buried in tears erasing my words, my heart bursting with love to give yet you are not here.


I can only hold onto memories of happy and beautiful moments we had together and hope you are as joyous as you made me feel when we were together, my soulmate with wings.






A Heartfelt Thank You Tribute to my Sammers.


You left me two weeks ago taking your last breath in my hands. My world came crumbling down and my heart broke in so many pieces that I dont know if it can ever be repaired.


Even though you are physically gone, your spirit lives on and is still teaching me about life and loving without conditions.


My little sweet tap man, I thank you from my entire heart and soul for being the sweetest and most caring soul I have ever known.


I love you my Sammers





a twinkle in your eyes

music plays your heart and soul

bird song duet






My baby boy beeper

You brought me hope

When I gave up

You helped me find myself

When I was lost

You brought me smiles

When I shed tears

You gave me life

When I felt dead

You give me

unconditional love

When I didn’t love myself

And I hope you know

You are my heart and soul,

My world.


I love you sweetheart.





Happy Birthday to my sweet boy, Sammers. He is 22 years old today. I got him from his original owner in 2017 when she no longer had enough time to spend with him. I always loved birds and had them along with bunnies, hamsters and guinea pigs while growing up. He came to live with me when I became disabled and retired so that I could spend time with him 24/7. He is my constant companion. He wakes me up at dawn each morning with either a song or wolf whistle.


We both love music and have it on every waking moment of the day. We sing and dance together, we eat together and play with his toys together. I’m trying to teach him to play his little drum and xylophone.


He has shown me the true meaning of unconditional love. As humans we live our lives thinking at times that we do have unconditional love for others but in reality we really do not. Relationships almost always hinge on expectations. In the human to animal world, there is only love exchanged unconditionally.





I'm Afraid


I’ve been battling severe health issues for over five years now and am currently disabled and homebound. When I became a shut in I adopted my Sammers  from a woman who had him all his life, he’s twenty two years old now, but no longer had time for him.


He has become my constant companion and I am deathly afraid that I will pass away leaving him alone. I’m not afraid of dying myself, I’m just afraid he will be left alone.


He cannot really fly as his wings had been cut by his previous owner so when he attempts a flight he will fall to the ground. I constructed a huge play area for him in my living room so he could roam, sing and play all day. I call myself his servant because my priorities each day are centered around taking care of him.


When I’m doing dishes or cooking in the kitchen or taking a shower he will stand atop his cage and call for me. I always assure him I’ll never leave him. That’s a promise to him I don’t want broken and why I am so afraid to die.


He needs me and I need him.





My feathered rockstar awakens at dawn


serenading me in bird land songs.


Daylight debuts a warm hug around my heart


feeding and getting him ready for a day at play.


For you Sammers

My baby boy beeper


You brought me hope

When I gave up


You helped me find myself

When I was lost


You brought me smiles

When I shed tears


You gave me life

When I felt dead


You give me 

unconditional love

When I didn't  love myself


And I hope you know 

You are my heart and soul,

My world.




Speaking with Heart

For my Sammers


Speaking each morning

I look into your eyes

As you chirp and beep

And I understand

With my heart

Without words.


You watch me

Each morning

Speaking, blowing kisses 

I know you understand

With your heart

Without words.


We feel with heart and understand with love

Without words

Unconditionally





Singing and Dancing

For my Sammers


We sing 

Me off key

You in chirping cadence


We dance

Me holding on

You bobbing your head


Bebop souls

Enjoying the moment

Without words.


Awakening


Waking  up

Each morning

To your special song,

Your wolf whistling,

Your birdie talk

Fills each moment 

Of each day 

With unending joy

And happiness.

Grateful to be alive,

Thankful for you

And my life.





To Mama

Sammers Speaks


I bite when you touch my millet and treats


I poop all over you and everywhere else


I make a mess with my food and water


But you let me bite and poop and make a mess

and you still take care of me and give me kisses.


I love you too, Nana.





I’m a beat poet

birdie beat boxin' rhymer

chirpin' on a beat.





Your Last Breath

---


You took your last breath in my hand and in that last moment my heart drowned sobbing a sea of tears.

At that moment, I cried "dont leave me" I told you I loved you and you closed your sweet precious eyes and flew over the rainbow bridge.


At that moment you had a beautiful sense of peace on your face and I felt it throughout my entire soul. I kissed you for the last time wishing I could fly away with you through clear blue skies.


---


My sweet boy died on March 6th after experiencing a massive epileptic seizure. He was 22 years old and lived a long and happy life. He loved music and we would dance together all the time. He had a little drum and xylophone that he would tap. In fact he tapped on all of his toys and he had many. He liked the sound of the beat.


He loved Cheerios as a treat and I would hand feed him a couple of them each morning. One of his favorite activities was to go inside a cereal box and sing to it. I saved all my cereal boxes for his play area.


I would awaken to his song each morning at sunrise. It was sheer joy to wake up to my boy singing. Sometimes he would wolf whistle. I'd laugh hysterically. He constantly made me laugh. He had his own sweet personality and he was a very caring little bird. He had the sweetest twinkle in his eyes. He was a charmer.


He was also a little fighter and a brave boy. He always fought through his seizures. He was not in pain of which I am thankful.


We were together 24/7 and we knew and understood each other. He taught me the true meaning of unconditional love. It's funny because I've never experienced unconditional love with any human except for my Mom.

It has only been a few days yet I still feel his presence and I still talk to him. He will always have my heart and I will love him forever.





Love

speaks in silence

the unconditional

stanzaic interlude

between heart and soul.

Never wanting

always waiting

to give freely

and openly.



Love

does not see color

nor stereotypical

ego branded persona.

As spirit seer

pure love

accepts all

with understanding

and patience.



Love

hears beyond sound

soft whispers

of heartstrings

playing in rhythm

the quiet song -

a deafening simplicity

defining uniqueness

to authentic self.



Love

tastes the sweet n sour

of daily imperfections

savoring the bitter

with the sweet.

The perfect blend

providing nourishment

for the heart

digesting the mix.



Love

smells indifference

and recoils at the

nauseous self righteous

stench of the arrogant

yet embraces the

empowering odor

of forgiveness -

a scent of healing.



Love

touches softly

hearts who hear,

minds who see,

spirits who know

the freedom to give

inherent deep within

our soul

without expectation.

Joanne has been writing for 50 years. She is a published author, poet and photographer. Her works have appeared in numerous in print and online publications such as The Parnassus Literary Journal, Westward Quarterly,

The San Diego Arts and Poets Magazine, Nomads Choir, SP Quill, just to name a few. Her photography has been published in the San Francisco Botanical Gardens website and printed materials.


She was awarded a round-trip ticket to Hong Kong in 2007 by Cathay Pacific Airways for her winning entry in their poetry contest.


Joanne is the founder and editor of Yasou A Celebration of Life Ezine, Stanzaic Stylings Literary Ezine, Artique and Delicious Delights. She is an Editor and weekly prompt creator for Promptly Written publication on Medium.

Joanne enjoys reading, writing, collecting old poetry books, live music

concerts, roaming art galleries and museums, leisurely lunches with

friends in diners and getting out in nature with her camera

Websites and blog.


Website http://jodapoet.medium.com


Blog includes Sammers page with more photos and links to his YouTube page


http://poeticshutterbug.blogspot.com/p/sammers-cockatiel.html

Thank you.


































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme