Thursday Two Questions Meme #138





Photos taken at the San Francisco zoo

I went to the zoo to visit my son, Wilbur.  I was walking around when I came across a group of children around 6 or 7 years old hovering over something on the ground.  They each had their phones and tablets out taking photos so of course I had to go inspect and see what was happening.

To my surprise, I found two bumblebees either having a "private moment" or fighting and rolling around on the ground stuck together.  It was something I had never seen before with bumblebees, so of course, I had to take some shots.  It was interesting and a great photo opportunity.  Though even more interesting is the fact that 6 to 7 year olds had Iphones and tablets.

In any case, my two questions this week are:

1.  What is the most unusual critter you have ever photographed?
2.  Do you think these two bees were fighting or having a great ole time? :)


Click the above widget for more Thursday Two Questions Meme Fun.





Comments

Icy BC said…
The most unusual critter I have seen was a long leg orange thing that carried her eggs on her back.

I think your bee are mating and having a great private moment without shame :-)
Self Sagacity said…
I guess I don't get out enough. I don't see too many bugs and insects in my nick of woods. I photograph a few snails, and a bunch of grasshoppers. Those are not unusual at all. :-)
I think it is two male bees fighting about a girl- haha. Only in rage do we lose all of our senses. And usually when it is a fight, they don't care if it is in the open. If they were mating, they probably prefer to hide in a flower, or the trees.

Self Sagacity said…
OMG! What a great photo moment! They are indeed really into it too. You can see the one bee pinned down!

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center