Thursday Two Questions Meme - Great Finds


Since I have opened my eBay store, I frequent estate sales, garage sales, moving sales, thrift shops and any place I feel I can find something at a good price to resell in the store.

I went to a garage sale the other day near my place looking for treasures to resell. I couldn't find anything. I was about to leave when I spotted this book underneath a table. It's a hardcover edition of Ansel Adam's black and white photographs - over 400 of them. I was ecstatic. He is my favorite photographer. The greatest part of this story is it was only $5.00.

Now, I did not buy it to resell it but rather to keep it as an inspiration and treasure for myself. I love finding items for the store but even more so when I find something for myself.

Speaking of "great finds" check out my store at Jo's Collectibles Mercantile. I just listed some nice vintage items.

My two questions today are:

1. Do you enjoy thrift shops, garage sales and flea markets?

2. What has been your latest great find?



Click the above widget for more Thursday Two Questions Meme fun.

Comments

Icy BC said…
I started going to thrift stores more than garage sales, and estate sales since the price is much more affordable.

You found a wonderful treasure of Ansel Adam indeed.
Brenda H said…
1. I don't really enjoy garage sales, but have found some nice things at flea markets. I guess going from house to house isn't my thing.

2. My latest great find was a Tupperware dish ($5 never used) that has a lifter upper thing in the container to get things like pickles out of the juice. This has saved me from pickle hands :)
Icy, thrift stores are a good source for hidden treasures. Thank you :)

Brenda, :) I like that, pickle hands. Tupperware for 5 bucks is a great deal.
Self Sagacity said…
I think you hit a great subject for me today. I am a garage sales beginner, and just love it so far! During the last couple of years, it's how I T& I acquire her toys.
Our latest find was a Barbie Guitar with three top hit songs for $3.00, it's the best so far this month.
SquirrelQueen said…
That book was a great find and at a fantastic price. Ansel Adams is my favorite too.

I used to go to a lot of estate sales and thrift stores but I haven't for awhile. My last fabulous-find was a beautiful drop leaf table for 25 dollars.
Heavensent1 said…
1. I LOVE places like that...and I could get lost for hours scouring over places of antiques and other folks junk~!!

2. I haven't found anything decent lately.
JamericanSpice said…
I would love to go to these places. I just dont know where they are or have the extra money.
Daisy said…
My Mommeh doesn't shop there but we love watching shows like Pawn Stars where we see people bring in amazing collectibles and learn the history of the objects.

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme