The Myspace Rant

On the heels of my last airline rant, I know I said that I would keep my rants to a minimum but I have to rant on Myspace. I hardly ever go to Myspace anymore. Every once in a while though, I'll have a post from my blog that I like to post the link on the Myspace bulletins and blog. However it does seem to be a waste of time because no one ever goes there anymore and Myspace gets so few clicks that it doesn't even show up on my blog stats.

I decided to go there today and check on some older posts. To my complete shock, horror and dismay, when I clicked the link to my blogs both on my blog page at Myspace and the bulletins area I found this message below:


Sorry, you have reached a link that is no longer accessible due to one or more of the following:

- A reported spammer site

- A reported Phishing Site: A site designed to trick the user into giving up user name and passwords.

- A site which contains malware

- A site that currently contains a lot of spam

- The user entered HTML syntax was inaccurate.

If you believe, you have received this message in error, please contact customer support here.


Note: The specific link may be OK, but the webhost may be the issue. For example, if you are trying to visit a blog or page on some webhost, the specific site or blog may be benign, but because the host/company won't work with MySpace security to block other malicious sites on their domain, we are sometimes forced to block the entire domain.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

All I can say is What the??? Who on God's green earth do they think they are to call my blog for whatever reason a phishing site? I went ahead and deleted all the links there and am now going back to my page itself to see if the same thing happens to my links on the page. I don't know how long they've had that message there on Myspace but if anyone clicked on those links, it makes me and my blog look bad. I am furious right now. I have a good mind to sue those misinformed idiots for defamation of character and anything else I can think of just to make them squirm. Okay, enough ranting for today, I promise. We'll keep it to a minimum from now on.


Comments

Yuck, I can't stand myspace. I deleted my account last year. Facebook is where it's at:)
Campbell Jane said…
It's ok to rant coz dang that sucks. I hardly go to Myspace either but I have met some very nice people there.
Rick (Ratty) said…
I understand why you're so angry. They shouldn't be able to get away with it. They should have to check any site first before they do something like that. I guess the good people at myspace are too important to care about anybody.
J. M. P. said…
These things have to be said, you've done a great job warning us. I don't have an account there — in fact I barely know what is Myspace, so today I'm glad to be that ignorant. :)
Tell them you will keep quiet if they buy you a ticket to the Grammy's LOL
Seriously it is so annoying when this happens, the chances are a hacker tried something and it caused the problem.
Unknown said…
Wow, that's crazy. You certainly are not spam. I can't remember the last time I logged on at MySpace. I should go peek around my profile.
I second fullet's comment above, Jo..It needs to be said and brought out into the open for other to know..
Joanne Olivieri said…
Jennifer, I know, I've had mine over there for years and it just sits.

Jane, I've met some great people there as well though most of them have Facebook too.

Ratty, I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

fullet, yes, stay away from there. It's not worth the aggravation.

Glynis, You are hysterical and that's a great idea, I like the way you think.

Diane, yeah it's always good to check on them every once in a while.

Icy, yes it does just in case they have banned blogger for some reason.

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme