Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thursday Two Questions Meme - Holiday Getaways


This was sent to me and taken by my friend Vincent in Hong Kong.

Click To Enlarge

Many people opt to dodge the holiday madness and travel to more quiet and warm surroundings. I've never traveled away from home on Christmas but when I received this from Vincent who lives in Hong Kong, my mind began exploring the wonders of the season I could be experiencing if I were there. Would I like to be there right now? Absolutely!

My two questions this week are:

1. Have you ever traveled away from home on the holidays?

2. If you had the opportunity to do so, where would you go?

Thursday Two Questions
Click the above widget for more Thursday Two Questions meme fun.

7 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

That is a gorgeous photo.

Other than traveling to see relatives I haven't gone out of town for Christmas. But we have traveled to warmer climates for Thanksgiving. The best one was celebrated in Cabo. Eating turkey and dressing with an ocean view was really nice.

Cathy Kennedy said...

The only place we ever go is to visit family for the holidays. I hear tales of many people taking vacations around the holidays and this has always perplexed me. It would seem to me people would rather spend time at home for Christmas with friends & family, but this is not always the case with some.

There isn't any place I'd rather go for the holidays other than visiting our family. That's the most perfect way to spend Christmas.

Self Sagacity said...

We haven't gone anywhere during Christmas, but have for Labor Day and Memorial Day.
I would like to go to Cabo again, or to Aruba, one of those warmer weather places sounds divine right now.
If I had the money, I think a more grandiose places would be better, Greek, Italy, Hong Kong.

Gary said...

Beautiful shot.

1. Yes. I have. I was in China, and another time I was in HK (but that's only because it is my place of work).

2. If given a chance to spend holiday in another place, I would love to spend Christmas in the US with my sister, Ruthie.

Ann said...

Gorgeous photo.
When I was about 7 my family went to Mexico at Christmas to visit the family of a foreign exchange student we had staying with us. Other than that I have never traveled at Christmas.
I think if I had the opportunity thought I would love to spend Christmas in Hawaii

Icy BC said...

1) I have traveled away from home before, but just to be with family for the function and duties.

2) Right now, I would love to go anywhere, but here..

Dominique Goh said...

Yes I have.. We traveled to Hong Kong once to spend Christmas there. I would like to go to Maldives or even Korea/Japan where I can have a white christmas.